We are inviting tenders for the role of Project Co-ordinator for our project on The Lawns.
Crystal Palace Community Land Trust (CPCLT) has successfully bid for the right to develop a small sustainable and affordable housing project on land currently owned by Croydon Council at The Lawns, Upper Norwood.
A Project Board has been established to develop the brief and oversee the planning and delivery of the project. The Board comprises members with experience of many parts of the development process and is acting as the client, with services including architecture, planning, project management and surveys provided by specialists. It is expected that Croydon Council and their housing company Brick-by-Brick will be involved throughout.
The Board would like to appoint a part time Project Coordinator (PC) to support Project Board in delivering The Lawns development.
We require a PC with broad residential development expertise, ideally with community project and community engagement experience, who can advise on and manage the process, and help us to make effective and informed decisions.
Our preference is for someone located in the Crystal Palace/Croydon area, though this is not essential.
The details are still to be confirmed, however, the programme through to a planning consent will start immediately and is expected to last around 40 weeks. The Board expects the PC to be involved throughout.
The PC will report directly to the Board and provide the following services:
- Acting as the point of contact with stakeholders in a client capacity, including the Brick-by-Brick project manager, attendance at project and stakeholder meetings.
- Supporting development of the project brief with the community and stakeholders.
- Developing the programme through to planning consent.
- Supporting creation and implementation of the community engagement strategy.
- Advising on residential development processes, risk management and delivery strategies.
- Advising on viability, valuation sourcing and project budgeting to establish feasible project plans and business cases and build an evidence base for discussion with the council.
- Assisting with project governance arrangements and advising on how these can be optimised to balance wider community / membership engagement and effective delegated decision-making.
- Design advice and design management.
- Developing funding and investment plans, including engaging lenders and funding sources.
- Week-to-week project management including attendance at Project Board meetings, tracking and resolving actions, setting milestones, programming / time planning, managing risks, updating stakeholders and procuring and coordinating the work of other consultants or contributors.
- Other tasks that become necessary as the project develops.
This post is part funded by Community Led Housing London. The Board expects the role to require around 0.5 – 1 day per week, with a review once the brief has been finalised. You should provide your half day and day rate as part of the application.
Proposals in the form of a CV and cover letter should be received by Rob Shaw (Project Board Chair) by 12:00 on 18th November. If you would like to discuss the role, or see our (confidential) bid document, please contact Rob on 07742 352406 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.